Wines from just on the other side of the street to the other side of the world…Capitola Wine Bar has a selection that is hard to beat, Cheers!
Like our wines? Join our wine club. We have a simple club, we offer one white, one red each quarter. We source the wine that we think is something that you just have to try. Membership has it’s privileges! Here is the form.
Wine Club’s First Quarter 2021
“White”: Well, we lied, it’s not a White this time but a Rosé. Wait, now, just don’t judge – you know it’s going to be good if we can get behind it. Besides we really didn’t get to enjoy a full Rosé season last year. We’ve found the Prisma from Chile for you. It’s a Rosé of Pinot Noir. The nose on this will have you coming back for another sniff. No oak on this baby, it’s only Stainless Steel for this darling. What can’t you pair this with? Prisma
California Red: We are going to call this our “Evacuation Wine”, as that is when it was discovered. Good things can come out of life changing situations. While hanging with friends, new or old, don’t just bring out the everyday wine. Go Bold! Drink that Bottle! This is your “Special Occasion”. I wonder, do we need to say more than “Five Bordeaux Blend”? This is actually a Library Selection from Soquel Vineyards. All the accolades it deserves. This Napa Valley blend will not disappoint. Intreccio
- December 2020 Release:
- Sparkling White:
- During the holidays it is a “must have” in our house to have a bubbly to open. The pop of a bottle always brings a smile to our faces. We think of the classic Prosecco aromatics and fresh, light, fruit forward notes of this wine by Marsuret will bring a smile to your face too! Pairs well with almost any occasion, dinner to dessert and many cuisines. For spec sheets on this wine click here. Marsuret
- California Red:
- When our guests come in and ask for “ABC” (Anything but Cabernet), we always answer with our family favorite Joullian Zinfandel. From vines planted in the 1980’s in the magical Carmel Valley this dark cherry colored wine pairs well with Doug’s Mac & Cheese, curry, red meats and more. We hope this wine becomes a family favorite of yours too. For spec sheets on this wine click here. Joullian
- December 2019 Release:
- “White”: Simonsig’s Kaapse Vonkel Brut Rosé 2016.
- We’ve decidedly called this “Simon Says” …drink me. What a fun find. The full-flavored wine is filled with fresh red berry and strawberry aromas, and a striking finesse on the palate. The palate offers layers of sweet fresh berry flavors with a slightly zesty citrus undertone. The crisp acidity of the wine adds freshness and a long aftertaste. Best served chilled as an aperitif or over a romantic dinner, ideal with Chinese or Thai dishes, lightly dressed seafood salads, sushi and decadent fruit-infused desserts. This Rosé was made by the traditional Methodé Cap Classique of fermentation in the bottle, which was pioneered by Frans Malan, founder of Simonsig and Johan’s father. This vintage has 64% Pinot Noir, 35% Pinotage and 2% Pinot Meunier. Oh, yeah, and if you were wondering, we know it’s not really a white; but we thought we would let it slide to enjoy this wine with our members. For spec sheets on this wine click here. BrutRose
- Red: ARROWOOD’s 2016 CABERNET SAUVIGNON. This vintage is a blend of fruit from vineyard sites throughout Sonoma County’s top regions for Cabernet: Sonoma Valley, Knights Valley and Alexander Valley AVAs. The Knights Valley fruit lends the wine structure and power, Sonoma Valley fruit offers ripe red fruit flavors and plush texture, while Alexander Valley provides blue fruit and bright acidity. Wine composition is 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, 13% Merlot, 1% Malbec, 1% Cabernet Franc – which equals 100% of “I’ll have another glass please!” For spec sheets on this wine click here. Cabernet
- Wine Club’s October 2019 Release:
- White: Musar Jeune’s Lebanese White Blend. This white is an unoaked blend of Viognier, Vermentino, Chardonnay from youthful Bekaa Valley vines. Crisp and aromatic, this eclectic blend of French and Italian varieties has its own distinct personality – passionfruit, apples, elderflowers – and a dry, refreshing finish.
- Red: Verum’s Patagonia Pinot Noir. Where you lucky enough to have tried the Verum Cab Franc? We had this on our menu earlier this year. It was just beautiful, elegant, full of life. This Pinot won’t let you down. Notably made with the ever lucky clone 777.